Sunday, October 11, 2020

What will be the future of Trollo?

 To start with, some Trollo story that will help you understand why I made this decision.

I started the Trollo blog on the blogger in August 2016. Initially, I shared the epubes of the series that I made for myself because nobody else made them, over time there were more and more series that I didn't even read and at the end there were about 400 series that I updated.
The DMCA applications appeared quite quickly and they made me initially move the licensed series to Kaizoku Doumei. Unfortunately, DMCAs still appeared and what is worse, in some cases they seemed random, for example, single posts were reported while pages with the series to which links led were not reported.
The problem with these submissions was that if they appeared too often I was in danger of losing my google account, so at the beginning of 2019 I moved to wordpress.

Since that moment, I have not received a single DMCA application, which has dormanted my vigilance and as a result I have not even made a copy of the blog.
And so we found ourselves last Monday when suddenly without warning the blog was deleted and I was left without any explanation, only with generic information and no working backup (theoretically it was supposed to work, but in practice the page to which the link leads does not exist).
After the fact, one may consider that I should expect it, taking into account the regular appearance of DMCA on the blogger and their sudden disappearance on wordpress. Taking into account the number of series I have updated, it was practically certain that there will be dissatisfied people, be it translation groups (as far as I know, at least one report on the blogger was from the translation group's side), publishers or simply wrong bots' reports.

I am afraid that the existence of Trollo in its previous form has no future and the blog as it was will not be reactivated.

So what is the future of Trollo?
It will run in two ways. I will post new series on the blog for a short period of time and then they will be removed from it (where it will be located I have not decided yet) and on the other hand there will be Patreon where patrons will have access to all series made by Trollo, and to their ongoing updates.
I limit access to archived files for patrons because free access to them would lead to new DMCAs, and I would like to avoid this.

Greetings to all Trollo supporters and be healthy in these difficult times.

35 comments:

  1. i hope i can see death march wn epub again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So in patreon i can find all the series?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, if you are a patron you have access to all Trollo epubs

      Delete
  4. Don't have credit card any option ? For patreon @Illparazzo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your hard work until now.

    Gonna miss seeing the updates.

    Unfortunately, I can't become a Patreon because I don't have my own money.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ugh.
    I mainly used this web to check which novel translation that's still active and updating the chapter tho.
    now I'll have a hard time to check one by one, and that's tiring and will waste a lot of my time, and super boring.
    I think I'll stop reading some novel now. (I forgot a lot of those titles anyway because I read tons of them at a time and used this web to go to the translation web. lol)
    I know those translations web also from this website tho. so idk with this blog destroyed it would benefit the translation group or would instead harm them if there are more people like me out there. :v

    ReplyDelete
  7. do i need at least the $1 membership level to access the archives?

    ReplyDelete
  8. btw is there a way we can have an rss feed? for notifying new posts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's an app available for Android:

      NU Client

      It always informs you of new posts released on NovelUpdates.

      P.S: If you've bookmarked the series you're interested in, in the NovelUpdates Reading list, that makes it easier to find new posts for the novels you read.

      Delete
  9. Oh well back to novel updates... Wish you happiness patrons

    ReplyDelete
  10. Im guess its because the +18 adult epub content? (Maybe)

    I prefer reading on-going novels directly from translator web than DL.

    I only come here checking ACTIVE TRANSLATOR

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw man I use your site to get and look for epubs thatvI can listen to. I would love to be a patreon but due to Covid cutting my work hours it's already hard to manage paying for my bills. Hopefully, I can catch an update before it gets deleted

    ReplyDelete
  12. What I do find odd here if it was fansubs of manga book that would be different with DMCA but for text that not everyone can find to listen it just stupid. DMCA for text of epub when people barely know what's out there or where they can begin to find text to read.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I also see the options for $1 patreon doesn't exits. I doubt those whom support at that level will not be disappointed in the selection to read.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would like to be able to have both access option because I download and listen later is how I do it with my busy work schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like to note user's of DMCA that thinks their doing something that benefits them - it doesn't. All one does is go to site and copy/paste and create their own listening epub. Did they think going after this site would deter that? Goes like this quote "If There is a Will There is a Way". I for myself call this DMCA attack petty. When they could go after bigger fish but we all know they always go for the low hanging fruit but never address the bigger problems.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Im free user and im making epub too for myself before download from trollo, its really ease me.... even i download epub version, im still open novelupdates and open some update from translator pages.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Why not upload to something like mega and just change the name? We can rename after downloading. So they can just be titled 1.pdf or whatever file type. Just link to the proper number.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of not all of his ePub not not licensed title, it’s not about naming issue. The best is to host The posts on his/her own website. The only problem is you will need little web development.

      Delete
  19. at what time does he post the updates? because I look whenever I'm on and I can't seem to catch them before they are deleted it seems

    ReplyDelete
  20. The choice was waiting or make it your self

    ReplyDelete
  21. Funny how I find more Tl groups here and wn titles than in Novelupdates.

    ReplyDelete

  22. What does limit access to archived files means? I'm planning to be a patron once i get a stable income.

    Ps.I wish covid never happen so I could probably had a job rn.(it even ruin my graduation)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sad to hear that the DMCA struck again. I've loved the quality of your epubs all these years and great to hear you're still operating.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think this site had Clearing an isekai with zero believers goddess...now I have to read that online huh...

    ReplyDelete
  25. That's why i hate WordPress, edgyboi platform.

    ReplyDelete
  26. sad that it needs to go...hope to see it again in the future...
    so only by Patreon is the way to go..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. maybe you can do some rss or some updates here every end of the month...

      Delete